Consignor Supplies Needed
How To Consign Clothes
How To Consign Shoes
How To Consign Toys
How To Consign Books, Etc.
How To Consign Baby Gear
How To Consign Misc Items
How To Use Voice Entry
HANGERS – in order to protect your clothing items we only accept plastic hangers. Find plastic hangers at Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar Stores. Retail plastic hangers are acceptable too.
STRING TAGS – Avery White Marking Tags Strung (size 1.75 x 1.093 inches) are required on each item to affix our barcode labels to. You can find these at Wal-Mart, office supply stores, Rhea Lana Store (link) or large quantities may be purchased from Amazon.
You’ll also need re-sealable bags (for shoes, small toys, etc…), masking tape, scotch tape, sharpie, and safety pins. For large quantities of quality safety pins we recommend ordering from Cleaners Supply .
If you would like to print your barcodes at home you’ll need adhesive address labels size 1” X 2 5/8” (30 up). We recommend ordering from Amazon Here. Please note: all labels printed at home MUST be printed in color.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS FOR THE BTS/FALL EVENT - we will accept all FALL and WINTER clothing. This includes jeans, pants, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, snow suits, school appropriate shorts, short sleeved shirts and all sportswear. We do not accept formal dresses. Don't forget to consign your Pitt State apparel, Halloween costumes and Christmas outfits.
We will not be accepting spring/summer apparel such as swimwear, tanks, 4th of July or summer themed clothing.
Please take time to:
1) Check for stains, broken zippers, torn hemlines, missing buttons, etc. We will be double checking at the store and will not receive any item that is not in excellent condition.
2) Please wash and iron your clothes
3) Use Plastic Hangers only. Please, no metal hangers! This makes shopping more pleasant for everyone. Clothes tend to fall off metal hangers and may be overlooked and not purchased if on the floor. Note: Use children's plastic hangers for sizes 6 and below. Use larger plastic hangers for sizes 8 and above.Plastic hangers can be purchased at discount stores.
4) Group items together so that they will equal a value of at least $3.00. Infant sleeping gowns or onesies and children's pajamas are great to group together as a set of 2 or 3. They may be pinned together on one hanger.
5) Pin all pants to a hanger, ironed flat front. Pants that are folded over on a hanger tend to end up on the floor.
6) All sets and accessories need to be pinned securely together, with pants hung on the back of the shirt at the waist. Both pieces need to be viewable without unpinning them. If a shirt/pant set are on separate hangers, rubber band the hangers together.
* Check out this video for helpful tips on consigning clothes ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gQl1GxRx10&t=61s
We will be accepting all like-new fall/winter shoes, tennis shoes, boots & name brand only sandals (Teva, Chaco, Birkenstocks)! Don't forget to bring your ballet/tap shoes, soccer cleats, etc! Shoes are difficult to tag, so please follow these guidelines to be sure shoes remain together:
1) Write your consignor number and price on masking tape, placing on bottom of BOTH shoes.
2) Safety pin the price tag to a shoe lace or through the shoe eyelet.
3) Zip tie both shoes together with attached price tag. If necessary they can be placed in a Ziploc bag.
*Check out this video for helpful tips on consigning shoes ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro2V3LoXegU&t=25s
It is best to package a bedding set together in its original clear plastic bag with zipper. If you no longer have the original bag, you can purchase Extra Large Ziploc plastic bags at discount stores. Tape the tag to the outside of the plastic bag. Write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the tag comes off during the sale. Shoppers also like to see a picture of the set (if one is available) or a list of all the items included in the set. Tape these items inside the Ziploc bag.
Hang and pin blankets over hangers so that shoppers can see them. If they are small receiving blankets, group 2 or 3 together in a Ziploc bag and seal with clear plastic tape. Safety pin the tag to the Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
Here is a helpful video with great tips on preparing blankets and other misc. items. ------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8_e77d6YY
Bottles, bibs, rattles, socks, bows, etc group together appropriately in Ziploc bags. Seal with clear packing tape. Pin tag to Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
Must be clean and in working order (batteries included.)
Must be clean and in working order (batteries included.)Small parts must be bagged and attached to the main part very securely. Write your consignor number on every bag! If parts get separated the item will not sell. Games should contain all pieces. Puzzles, books, videos and small toys should be grouped accordingly and put in ziploc bags. Secure with clear packing tape and pin tag to the ziploc bag. It is also good to write your consignor number and info on the ziploc bag with a Sharpee in case the tag comes off. Puzzles should be wrapped securely in clear Saran wrap to keep the pieces intact. .
We will only accept Beanie Baby, Build-a-Bear, Disney or other name brand stuffed animals in LIKE NEW condition, OR any that require a battery.
LARGE LITTLE TYKES TYPE TOYS AND FURNITURE ARE ALWAYS IN HIGH DEMAND! When tagging large toys it is best to also attach a piece of masking tape to the toy with your consignor information. This will enable us to sell your toy even if the tag comes off! WE SELL 95% OF OUR LARGE TOYS AND FURNITURE ITEMS
Toy recall information- Due to the high number of toy recalls during the past year, we will be inspecting toys very carefully. We reserve the right to pull any toy that we think might have been recalled. To help us, please do not bring any toys that have been subject to a recall. You may check the following website for current toy recalls: www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/toy.html. Also for a helpful resource made available by the Consumer Product Safety Commission Click here.
Your car seat must have been manufactured within the past five years. It must not be subject to recall or have been in an accident. You may check the following website for current recalls: www.carseat.org/Recalls/179NP.pdf All seat covers and straps must be thoroughly cleaned. You will be asked to sign a car seat waiver stating your car seat has all the pieces and is in excellent condition and not more than five years old. Car seats will be closely inspected for safety reasons.
In addition to wonderful children's furniture, you can now bring your gently used large furniture pieces to our sale. This can include - Desks, tables, chairs, etc All furniture must be in EXCELLENT condition.
If you have any questions well be happy to help! Contact Jennifer Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.